Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Week 3 and part of Week 4 in Michigan


Update from Week 3 (and a bit of week 4) in Michigan

Week 3 I have been cleaning and organizing lots of things that never got finished (or even started :)) before I left for Kona in December; at the end of 2019 I was working full time and also was a full time graduate student trying to complete my last two classes by the middle of December; so I was pretty busy while also trying to get ready to be gone for at least 6 months. I had been asking the Lord when I would get to work on those unfinished things and now I have the time.

I had the chance to join a GoogleHangout meeting with some friends from my home church for a bible study- it was so good to see their faces and hear their voices even if it was through a screen. I am hoping to make another video or two for the kids at my church soon; I will share them in my next blog if that does happen.

I believe that so far all of the Crossroads 2020 DTS students and staff are healthy after traveling home to many different countries and states; that is a huge answer to prayer! But I am beginning to learn of some of my other YWAM friends internationally and relatives of these friends that have symptoms of the virus or have been confirmed with COVID. A few of these people are almost recovered while others have only just started being sick.

Let's keep praying in hope for the healing for people in our towns, states, and countries around the world!

On Tuesday of this week (week 4) my ears started giving me major problems again; I woke up super dizzy and pretty much had to lay still all day; Sudafed seems to be helping because I am much better today (Wednesday) so I will keep taking that for a week or two.

Lecture for Homereach Students

Here is a link to the lecture that home reach students listened to this week. I thought this was a great teaching!

Cory Russell - Revival:Prayer

If you look around on the website you will see other teachings; Jon Tyson gave several talks in Kona during our second to last week there and all of the teachings I heard from him were very good, so I encourage you to check those out if you are looking for podcasts to listen to; they are probably quite good.

Memories from Kona

Here are some pictures that I never had the chance to share with you from a trip that I took  during the first week in March with friends who were going to go on outreach with me. We took a day trip and traveled south of Kona and visited South Point, Green Sands Beach, and Black Sands.

South Point







Green Sands- 1 hour hike out to the beach; a fun hike but not a good/safe beach for swimming; 5-10 minute truck ride (standing in the truck bed) back to where we parked.




     
 








Black Sands-We arrived just as it was getting dark!


**On the way home we ate delicious Thai food because the first outreach location we were planning to go to was Thailand (and Cambodia) so we wanted to celebrate that, even though we already knew we weren't going to get to go there anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Blog Post Here-Switch to quarterly newsletters

Hello family and friends, Here is a YouTube video link about our outreach teams time in Norway! https://youtu.be/ r3ZEh4GWOgE Spring has arr...