Sunday, April 5, 2020

Week 2 in Michigan

Update from Week 2 in Michigan

Today is day 14 since traveling back to Michigan from Kona, HI, it is my last day of self-isolating in my parents basement. I am still waking and sleeping on Hawaii time, but thankfully I seem to be very healthy! I will of course continue to abide by the governments recommendations to but starting tomorrow will move more freely through out my parents house.

I was hoping to do some online training while back in Michigan, but so far that has not become a possibility. I messaged the person in charge of Leadership Track and have learned that YWAM Kona does not plan to run this training until July. As for the online inner healing prayer ministry training, this might still happen but I don't know yet. I messaged the person who leads this ministry and it sounds like they are looking into offering something but are not able to move forward with it yet.

This week (week 2 in self-isloation :) )I have been journaling and processing some of the things that God did in my life over the past few months but especially over my last couple weeks in Hawaii, as alot happened in a very short time. I have also been reading through the Freedom Manual; I did parts of this manual during my DTS back in 2019 and also received teaching on some of the same part as well a others during this 2020 DTS that I staffed, however I have never gone through the whole manual until now! I struggled to walk students through it this quarter but now having gone through the whole book myself I think will be more comfortable trying to teach it to others.

I have been thinking and praying about ways to reconnect with my church here in Michigan since I am not able to actually visit them in person. I have been hearing about and seeing the DTS students make fun videos for their family and friends and so I was inspired to make a video too. Here is a link to the video I made last week for the kids at my home church! I shared it with them on our group chat and to make it interactive challenged them to memorize the scripture or the song and post a video of them doing it and to read the scripture as a family and share one thing they learned with each other and on the group chat.

This is one of the songs my team would have done on outreach; near the end of the video you can see the two other staff who were leading this team and the students who were on our team doing some of the motions to this song in class back in February.



Podcasts-Steve Fry

There are two podcast/short sermons in this link given by Steve Fry about the times we are living in right now; Steve Fry was one of the speakers during this DTS and also back in 2019 when I was a student; the sermons were shared with me by another staff in Kona.

Steve Fry- What God does in Times of Interruption


Lecture for Homereach Students

Here are the links to the lectures that the students doing Homereach listened to this week. Personally I don't always really like the way this speaker delivers what he is sharing and like with all the speakers in DTS I don't agree with everything he has to say either, but I do think there are some very good points in both talks!


Answered Prayer:

1. My 14 days of self-isolation are done and I am healthy after traveling through 4 airport! 
2. I feel like the Lord has shown me a few ways to use my time at least over the next couple weeks. 

Prayer Requests:

1. Healing of those who are sick with COVID-19, protection over health care workers and that people would be drawn closer to the Lord in this time.
2. Perseverance and intentionality to maintain the freedom God gave me while in Kona and how to walk in it in a way that blesses the people around me.
3. Clear direction from the Lord during these next months about how to use my time here in Michigan and that I would be ready to go back to Kona when the campus reopens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Blog Post Here-Switch to quarterly newsletters

Hello family and friends, Here is a YouTube video link about our outreach teams time in Norway! https://youtu.be/ r3ZEh4GWOgE Spring has arr...