Friday, June 19, 2020

Week 13 in Michigan and Looking Ahead


Sand, Beach, Ocean, Water, Footprints, Beach Sand

Looking ahead

I am hoping to return to Kona at the beginning of July to do a two month training call Leadership Track; this training was recommenced to me by the January Crossroads school leaders when I first returned to Kona this past December. One of the Crossroads school leaders is hoping to meet with someone from the Leadership Track staff next week to see if I can get into the training. Please pray with me that this meeting goes well!

(Pandemic pending, my hope after doing Leadership Track is to stay in Kona to be staff for the 3 month lecture phase of September 2020 Crossroads DTS; I would not go with the September students on outreach, instead I would stay on in Kona and help with the January 2021 Crossroads DTS lecture phase and then go on outreach with the January students.)

Finances

When I updated you about finances on March 28, I reported $3,812 to be set aside for going back to Kona. I forgot to subtract the cost of my one checked bag, from when I flew back to Michigan ($30), and while back here in Michigan I used $20 in May to complete the first online training seminar of Restoring the Foundations. I just used $45 to begin the second online RTF training seminar.

So the actual amount left is: $3,717
  • The cost of a one way ticket back to Kona right now is between $400-$800.
  • The cost of Leadership track is $2,000. This cost includes housing and food for the 2 months, along with the cost of the training.
This would leave me with $917- $1317 at the end of August to be put toward paying for housing and food in September.

I will need raise funds again to stay on with YWAM Kona to staff the September 2020 and January 2021 Crossroads DTS. I will post more information about this after I know if I am accepted into Leadership Track.

Song

I meant to include this in my last post (many weeks ago :) ) but forgot; here is a link to Hawaii's version of the song The Blessing; it is beautiful!

The Hawaii Blessing

Prayer

1. Please pray for the meeting that should happen next week between the Crossroads school leader and Leadership Track staff about if I can do Leadership Track training.
2. Clear direction
3.My ears :) The meds take away or greatly lessen the symptoms but it seems that there has been a change in my eustachian tube anatomy and fluid now has a tendency to back up behind my ear drum, especially if I am sick or have allergies. I can monitor the symptoms and take over the counter med as needed; I am standing in faith, however that God will heal it completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Blog Post Here-Switch to quarterly newsletters

Hello family and friends, Here is a YouTube video link about our outreach teams time in Norway! https://youtu.be/ r3ZEh4GWOgE Spring has arr...