Monday, May 17, 2021

Ministry in the Tenderloin District

Thank you for your prayers and support! After our first weekend in San Francisco, we learned that the rooms we were renting at the YWAM base each weekend in May, are in reality reserved for us every day the entire month; my outreach team is now living in the Tenderloin District for the whole month of May!


We are still working to find counseling related ministries here, but in the meantime have been serving at the food pantry on Thursdays, walking around the district streets on Friday nights and some other evenings passing out hot chocolates, and serving coffee/cookies on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. The YWAM base is one of only two shower facilities in the entire city for the houseless, they are open MWF for 3 hours, so people can enjoy hot coffee/cookies before or after their shower.

I feel a bit disappointed that we are still struggling so much to find counseling related ministries, but I am certainly seeing the Lord at work in my own life, my team members and also in interactions we have had with YWAM San Francisco staff, volunteers, and a few people we have met on the streets. I had the blessing of being able to pray for several people; also there is one middle aged man who is houseless that I have made a connection with. This man has only been on the streets a few months and I have seen him offer SO MUCH kindness and generosity toward many people (others living on the street, YWAM staff, myself).

I noticed today that he has worn a hole through the bottom of his shoes; I would like to bless him by buying another pair of good/sturdy/warm new shoes or hiking boots. Would you like to join me in blessing this man? Pray that I would have an opportunity to ask him what size shoes he wears, if he has any special footwear needs and that he would not be ashamed to receive. I don't know how much it would cost yet but I estimate $100-$150, so if you would like to give financially toward this specific purchase that would also be super helpful!

Prayer Requests
  1. Special Prayer Request: For a gentle, kind middle aged man that I met on the street; he spends the majority of his day sitting/walking on the sidewalk just outside the YWAM base windows. Pray that his physical needs would continue to be met, the housing he is waiting for in a nearby are would open and his heart would be softened toward the gospel of Jesus.
  2. Outreach team unity and communication!!! (We are making good progress but its still a big need)
  3. Ministry connections for June- three from my team are going to Tacoma Washington; I'm still waiting on the Lord for direction about staying in California someplace or if I will join them in Tacoma.
  4. That our hearts would be sensitive and submitted to the Lord for the work He is doing in and through us in this outreach season.
  5. Good physical mental, emotional and spiritual health/strength to push though when it is hard...but wisdom to know when/how to rest.
Praise Reports 
  1. My known outreach expenses are covered! Any funds coming in now will be used toward unexpected expenses that come up or saved to be put toward expenses that I know I will have after outreach is done.
  2. Housing for May is all set.
  3. God has provided a connection with someone who sounds like they will be a great fit to sublease my space in the condo where I live in Kona while I am gone on outreach.

The Golden Gate Bridge





Chinatown and teammate from China cooking Chinese food





Support Raising

Please consider if the Lord is calling you to partner with me, short term or long term, through prayer or financial support. Below are details about estimated expenses and ways to give financially:

Estimated Expenses

Foundations of Biblical Counseling (FBC)-Jan-June 2021

(Fully Funded January-March ðŸ˜ƒ)

April 1- June 30, 2021- Estimated Total: $2509 + 140 + ??? ($2,515 raised so far)

  • FBC Outreach fee: $2509 (covers school fee, housing, land transportation and food)
  • Other expenses while on outreach?: 
    • $140 one-way plane tickets to Oakland, CA
    • ?????

Staffing with Crossroads DTS 

July 2021-March 2022
  • Housing: $450/mo
  • Food: $250/mo
  • Grad school loan: $140/mo

April 2022-May 2022

  • Outreach fee- TBA depending on location (I am hoping for Argentina!)

Ways to Give

1. Donate through my Venmo account

  • User name: @Jenna-Patnott

2. A check made out to me. 

  • Mailed to my bank Lake Michigan Credit Union. (Include a note that says "To be deposited into account") Address: LMCU PO Box, PO Box 2848, Grand Rapids, MI 49501
  • Or to my Kona address: 75-346 Hualalai Rd #103, Kailua Kona, HI 96740

3. Tax Deductible donation to be processed as deputized fundraising through YWAM El Paso-Juarez Mission account. If you want to use this option email me and I will send you the detailed info for how to do this! (Disclaimer: “Contributions are solicited with the understanding that YWAM EPJ has complete discretion and control over the use of all donated funds. It is the policy and intent of YWAM EPJ’s Board to honor preferences as to how donations will be used.”)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Blog Post Here-Switch to quarterly newsletters

Hello family and friends, Here is a YouTube video link about our outreach teams time in Norway! https://youtu.be/ r3ZEh4GWOgE Spring has arr...