Thursday, March 19, 2020

Kona, Hawaii - Psalm 91

Hi friends and family!

I apologize that this post is getting written later than I hoped; I am still in Kona, Hawaii and I am safe, healthy and at peace!

Things have been changing here almost daily for the past 1-2 week as new information comes out about COVID-19; I have been waiting for things to stay the same for a couple days before posting new information about what I am up to.  As you may have already guessed my team is no longer going to Mendoza, Argentina, however the connections we made there could be really great for a future Crossroads DTS outreach!

Most of the Crossroads DTS staff is still here in Kona and several of the students have also felt like God has called them to stay here. I am still in Kona, and greatly appreciate your prayers and financial support-I will update you on both of those areas at the end of this post.

Here are some links to things YWAM Kona posted recently that will give you insight on how the campus is responding in wisdom to the current situation:
When I came back to YWAM Kona at the end of December, I thought God was calling me to staff the Crossroads DTS and stay here in Kona after outreach, possibly through the end of June. I had wondered if I might stay here with YWAM Kona longer than June or go to another YWAM base to serve or return back to Michigan. I was trusting He would give me more direction during outreach or during the time here in June after outreach.

I still believe God has called me to be here in Kona at least until the end of June and quite possibly for longer. There are Crossroads students still here and in the past few days I have already seen ways the Lord wants to use me here in this season walking with the Crossroads students who have felt the Lord call them to stay. We are not exactly sure what daily life will look like yet but we are spending time in prayer individually and in our small groups. We are also spending time together virtually as an entire campus, they have a cool set up through an app call Workplace that is allowing live streaming to be possible in this way; my Crossroads DTS has a group chat through this same app where everyone can join for a video call. Psalm 91 is a verse we have been praying out.

Over the past few months God has been using a prayer ministry call Restoring the Foundation (RTF) to bring lots of inner healing into the lives of the students and also into my own life. Depending on how the current COVID-19 situation progresses there may be the option for us to do some training to learn how to facilitate RTF prayer. I am very interested to learn more about this, as it is a tool I could take with me wherever the Lord leads me next, whether it is continuing to be staff here in Kona, or YWAM staff at another base, or if God leads me back to Michigan and getting involved with my home church.

I plan to keep writing blog posts every two weeks so please stay tuned. 😊

Financial Support Update- I am FULLY funded through June

Thank you so much to everyone who has given financially!!!!! The funds raised that were originally meant to cover the cost of outreach (and continuing to serve here in Kona for the month of June) will now be put toward the expenses associated with continuing to live on the YWAM Kona base serving the students still here. (I am living with 5 of the Crossroads single ladies, I see and talked to other Crossroads students from the appropriate social distance and still others I am connected to virtually.)

The total amount raised is: $6,642

The estimated expenses for me to continue to serve here in Kona this last week of March through the end of June is quite similar to what the expenses would have been had we gone on outreach so that is  really awesome!!

Total estimated Expenses Kona April-June: $2,145-$3,085
Housing: $400-$600/mo
Food: $120-$200/mo
Laundry: $40
Staff fee and ID renewal: $15
Mailbox renewal: $30
Plane Ticket Home: $500-$600

I am very seriously praying about staying longer than June so it is possible the money I am estimating for buying a plane ticket home would be used for rent in July and any extra funds that have been raised would be used toward food and needs that come up that month. If you have questions or concerns about the way the funds raised for outreach are now being use please don't hesitate to reach out and email me: jpatnott@gmail.com

I want to invite you to begin praying about if you would be interested in supporting me more long term should God call me to stay past June!


Answered Prayer:

1) Over the past week I have experienced EVEN MORE breakthrough/healing/freedom!! 
2) I am FULLY funded through June! THANK YOU and PRAISE GOD 🙌🙏😁
3) My ears are better! The health clinic found fluid behind my ears which has probably been there since when I arrived here, it is now gone.
4) The staff is working as a unified team even with all the changes that are happening. 


Prayer Requests:

1. Perseverance and intentionality to maintain the freedom God has been giving me and how to walk in it in a way that blesses the people around me.
2. Good sleep and good health for us here on the YWAM Kona campus and ALL of YOU who are reading this!
3. Unity among those still on campus and within the small group communities we have formed; good communication
4. Courage, wisdom, understanding, patience with myself and others, humility
5. Clear direction from the Lord during these next three months and for after June.

How can I be praying for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Blog Post Here-Switch to quarterly newsletters

Hello family and friends, Here is a YouTube video link about our outreach teams time in Norway! https://youtu.be/ r3ZEh4GWOgE Spring has arr...