Thursday, July 16, 2020

Quarantine in Kona

Aloha, Sand, Hawaii, Beach, Tropical, Vacation, Summer

Travel

My travel from Grand Rapids, MI to Kona, HI went really well; it was actually the easiest trip to Kona I have done so far. Thank you Jesus!

Wearing a face mask for 20 hours was a bit challenging, but one mask that I own is pretty comfortable, so even that wasn't too bad. :) I felt really pleased with how much care the airline and airports were taking to keep things clean and keep passengers/traveler physically distant from each other. I still had some pain in my ears during each landing, because of my right eustachian tube not functioning quite right, but a friend of mine recommended some special ear plugs and I think those definitely helped.

Kona - Quarantine

Today is my 5th day of quarantine, only 9 more days to go. I am healthy and have no symptoms of the virus; the state calls me every few days to check in.

The people I am living with are very nice! Before I arrived they found me a great mini frig for only $25, and a free hotpot for boiling water; they brought groceries to the house for me and they picked me up at the airport. Although I cannot really interact with them much yet (because I am quarantined) I feel very welcome.  I look forward to getting to know them better in the coming months. 

The other two times that I have come to Kona, my daily schedule felt really intense/busy right way, so I am enjoying having these days to adjust time zones and rest after long travel. I am also using this time to study the RTF prayer ministry training notes from the online seminars I did back in June, read the bible and other books, pray, listen to audio books, worship music and recordings of the DNA teachings that are happening a few times a weeks on campus. 

I watched a beautiful sunset from the back porch where I live last night; I will take a picture some night to show you all!

Here's a link to a recent video made by the campus containing an inspiring story from SunAwh Park, who is part of campus leadership, about how he first started to learn to hear God's voice. SunAwh was one of the speakers one week when I did DTS as a student in 2019 and he was one of my favorites!


Answered prayer:

1) I felt well pack and organized to leave Michigan and head back to Kona
2) I am very healthy so far!

Prayer requests:

1) Good health for me and the people I am living with
2) That I would have open ears and soft heart to what the Lord wants to do in me or speak to me in this short season of intense quarantine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Blog Post Here-Switch to quarterly newsletters

Hello family and friends, Here is a YouTube video link about our outreach teams time in Norway! https://youtu.be/ r3ZEh4GWOgE Spring has arr...